Burns and scalds
The financial costs to the NHS of burns to a child and the emotional cost to the child and their family is significant.
Watch our interview with Dr Amber Young, Consultant Paediatric Anaesthetist at Frenchay Hospital, Bristol interviewed as part of our DVD on burns and scalds where she talks about the impact of these. Key facts include:
- The cost of a simple tea scald for one or two day's treatment is £2,000 per child
- The cost to the NHS to treat a major burn to a child even without intensive care is £60,000
Burns and scalds resources in our online shop
- Too hot to handle DVD pack
- Keep hot drinks out of my reach
- How safe am I from bath water scalds?
- How safe am I from burns at home?
- Hot drinks can hurt me
- How safe is your child from burns and scalds?