Sue Kirkley is Co-ordinator of(NSCB), which has a strong tradition of partnership working on children’s safety. With support from Making the Link mentors, Sue is creating a multi-agency child accident prevention group which will develop the city’s first child accident prevention strategy and action plan.
Case studies are a great way to show best practice and promote your own work. Read our latest case studies below, and share your own!
Share your story
We'd love to hear about current or past programmes, especially if they have been evaluated.
To share a case study or to share your strategy on injury prevention, email us at email@example.com and we'll get in touch.
Latest case studies
Read our latest case studies which showcase the work being done to prevent childhood accidents:
- Bradford Child Death Alert learning nuggets: How the City of Bradford used a child death and public health alert on child bath drownings to engage local leaders and stakeholders for action on child safety.
- Thermosatic mixing valves learning nuggets: Sefton Council is working with local partners to supply and fit free thermostatic mixing valves (TMVs) in the homes of families with children under five years old.
- The Honest Truth Partnership: The Honest Truth Partnership provides driving instructors with resources containing essential information for their learner drivers, to promote responsible driving and reduce the number of young drivers killed and seriously injured on the roads.
- Cambridgeshire learning nuggets - resources for health visitors: Lynden Poole, Health Promotion Resource Library Officer in Cambridgeshire, explains how the standardised packs of health promotional information for new parents were developed.
- Kent Community Health learning nuggets: How Mags Trend, Community Staff Nurse at Kent Community Health NHS Trust, has used CAPT’s DVD resource packs on falls and burns and scalds to raise awareness of accident prevention among health visitors, children’s centre staff, community group volunteers and new parents.
- St Werburgh's Park Nursery School & Children's Centre: Charlie Mee, Lead for Family Support and Community Services at St Werburgh's Park Nursery School and Children's Centre in Bristol tells us why St Werburgh’s organises six ‘child safety and health weeks’ a year and how they make each one a success.