Safe Network safeguarding event for the voluntary, community and faith sector
The Safe Network is holding a regional seminar in Preston on safeguarding to support the voluntary, community and faith sector.
This free Department for Education funded safeguarding seminar offers delegates the opportunity to learn about the Safe Network’s approach. This including working with councils for voluntary services, councils for voluntary youth services, youth associations and local safeguarding children boards, to help the sector to quality assure its work and access opportunities.
Highlights of the day include keynote presentations by:
- Maggie Jones, Chief Executive, Children England
- Nigel Burke, Chair, Lancashire Local Safeguarding Children Board
- Jane Heywood, Chief Executive, Children's Workforce Development Council
- Representative from Homestart UK
As well as the following workshops:
- Working Together, Munro and integrated working: the implications for the voluntary, community and faith sector
- Safe organisations, safe children: Core safeguarding standards and modular training support for the voluntary and community sector
- Champions, Commissioners and Quality Assurance: details of Safe Network’s emerging practice from the North West and beyond
The Safe Network provides safeguarding information related to activities outside the home – from after school art clubs to weekend reading groups.
For more information on the seminar and to book a place, visit the Safe Network site: